Benefits & Features
- 100% duty rating - designed for continuous and frequent use.
- Torque Motor Barriers are instantly reversible and motor is constantly energized providing security locking and protection against low temperatures and damp conditions.
- Customizable to match individual branding.
- Typical operating speeds of 3.5-7 seconds* depending on configuration; boom length, motor and skirt options.
- Boom lights, Maglocks, Articulated booms, Stainless steel cabinet, Signs, Traffic light systems, Skirts, Pogo Stick End Rests
- Can be interfaced to any access control systems.
- Vehicle detector loops
- Safety photocell beams, light curtain and ultra-sonic sensors
- Safety edges
- Signage, audible alarms and flashing beacons
- Barrier Foundation: 600mm2
- Fixed End Rest Foundation: 400mm2
- Barrier Cabinet Dimensions:L: 380mm, W: 350mm, H: 1210mm
Note: Power and control wiring ducts to be incorporated into foundations
- 6 amp, 3 wire, 230V, 50Hz, single phase supply
1. KEY FEATURES
- Boom Length Up to 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m
- A rapid-action torque motor automatic barrier which provides high speed vehicle control to smaller roadways.
- 100% duty rating – the torque motor is instantly reversible and designed for continuous/frequent use. The motor is fitted with variable geometry, speed/torque linkage which generates slow speed and maximum torque. The boom is controlled during the extremes of travel, increasing the speed during mid travel. This design uses extremely low power, high speed of operation and optimum safety. Motor constantly energised for security locking and provides protection against low temperatures and damp conditions.
- Boom safety shear plate with shear bolts - provides strong support to the boom in normal operating mode whilst allowing the boom to shear from the cabinet in case of collision to minimise damage caused to the cabinet and motor.
- Counterbalance springs rather than weights to reduce mass of barrier whilst springs can be adjusted to raise the barrier during power failure.
- Left or Right handed barrier according to the side of the barrier cabinet from which the boom shaft protrudes.
- Override keyswitch to lock the barrier in either the raised or lowered position independently of the control system
- Security lock on door, switched fuse supply double pole isolator, mains failure indicator lamp, earth bonded door, easy accessible fuse unit
- Finish: The cabinet is protected by a finish system comprising; de-greasing, shot blasting to clean metal, zinc rich powder prime and polyester powder coat.
- Boom: The FBX in manufactured with a DE54 boom profile which is aluminium, powder coated, white with red bands. Special colours available.
- Optional: Cabinet in clients choice of RAL colour or customised wrap to match clients branding
When specifying the system, three main points should be considered:
- Means of raising the barrier
- Means of lowering the barrier
- How the passage of the vehicles will be monitored
It is important to consider the type of vehicle using the system and the expected duty cycle.
Induction Loop System for Safety Interlock. Excludes auto/close function. Induction loops are cut into the road surface to detect vehicles
Photocell System for Safety Interlock. Excludes auto/close function - Photocells are beams of light fitted across the road way to monitor vehicle and pedestrian movement
Alarm Sounder – can be used to indicate when the product is in motion
Flashing Beacon – can be used to indicate when the product is in motion
We will carry out the following work in accordance with BS 7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations and BS EN 12453:2001 Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates – safety in use of power operated doors - requirements and BS EN 12445:2001 Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates – safety in use of power operated doors – test methods. The gate will be CE marked as required and a certificate of conformity issued on completion of works.