Benefits & Features
- Cantilevered Gate; requires no ground track or support across the roadway.
- The gateleaf is supported by a main bottom beam, which slides 100mm above the road surface.
- The balance is provided by a unique enclosed runback track, which enables the gate to be fully projected across the roadway without tipping.
- Electronic control motor drive unit, 100% duty rated
- Typical operating speeds of 200-250mm/second* depending on configuration
- Disengaging box – manual override
- 100/200mm Traffic Light System
- Can be interfaced to any access control systems
- Vehicle detector loops
- Safety photocell beams and ultra-sonic sensors
- Safety edges
- Signage, audible alarms and flashing beacons
- Gate leaf foundation
L: 300mm + Runback length
- Receptor post foundations
- Note: Power and control wiring ducts to be incorporated into foundations
- Minimum length of runback track: For gate apertures of 8m Runback = Aperture x 1.5
- 6 amp, 3 wire, 230v, 50hz, single phase supply
The popular Security Sliding Gate is a cantilevered gate which requires no ground track or support across the roadway. The gate leaf is supported by a main bottom beam, which slides 100mm above the road surface. The balance is provided by a unique runback track, which enables the gate to be fully projected across the roadway without tipping.
The Sliding Gate is 100% duty rated – designed for continuous & frequent use. Power is supplied from a single phase 230V supply.
Sliding Gates Safety control systems: Vehicle detector loops, photocells, ultra-sonic sensors and safety edges are available. For Sliding Gate Safety
Sliding Gates Accessories: Signage, audible alarms and flashing beacons.
Sliding Gates Access controls: A wide range of access control systems are available.
- Sliding Cantilevered Gate
- Width: Variable up to 10000mm
- Standard Height: 2400mm
- Maximum Height: 5000mm
- Construction: The sliding gate leaf is a fully welded construction of rectangular hollow section, low carbon steel to BS4848 Pt.2. Combination of vertical 50mm x 25mm ERW bar infill at approximately 180mm centres backed by 50mm square galvanised weld mesh, painted to match Standard colour range: Any colour in the RAL colour range
- Finish: Various options available, including: Shotblasted, hot zinc sprayed, primed & finished with a final coat of polyurethane paint. Alternatively, acid dipped then hot galvanized available on smaller gates.
- Various security infills available including bar, security weldmesh, sheet, and bespoke such as wood and ornate.
- Sliding Gate Safety control systems: detector loops, safety photocells, ultra-sonic sensors and safety edges are available.
- Sliding Gate Accessories: Signage, audible alarms and flashing beacons.
- Sliding Gate Access controls: A wide range of access control systems are available. This is subject to a risk assessment to ensure the automatic equipment complies to BS EN 12453
- Signage : Warning and information signs installed on the barrier boom such as ‘STOP’ ‘NO EXIT’ and ‘NO ENTRY’
- Traffic Lights: Traffic Light systems are highly recommended to be installed with all automatic systems to advise all users of its position. 100mm or 200mm LED Red/Green, Low Voltage traffic light heads can be pole or mounted on control cabinet mounted.
- Vehicle Detector Loops: detector loops installed beneath the road surface to detect vehicles. This will prevent the gate from closing on a vehicle within the aperture.
- Safety Photocells: Photocells produce beams of light which cross the road way to monitor vehicle and pedestrian movement. If an object breaks this beam, the automatic equipment will stop. On gate installations, two pairs of photocells are usually fitted. Ultra Sonic Sensors are also available.
- Gate Safety Edge: Safety Edges are normally fitted to automatic gates. Safety edges are flexible rubber strips which are fitted to the leading edge of the moving art of the gate, if depressed, send a signal to the controller to stop the gate.
- Pedestrian Guard Rail: A Pedestrian Guard Rail (fence panels) should be fitted around the runback area of the gate. This is to prevent serious injury to a person should they stray into that area whilst the gate is operating.
- Sounder: Sounders/Audible Alarms provide an audible warning that the automatic equipment is in operation.
- Flashing Beacon: Flashing Beacons provide a visual warning that the automatic equipment is in operation.
- Gate Infill: Weldmesh should be clipped to the gates infill bars infill to prevent pedestrians putting their limbs through. Other infills include palisade pales, sheet and wood infills. For more information please contact us.